Install Virtual Goalie on Quest 1 & 2
Install Virtual Goalie on Quest
Once you complete the setup process, you can move to the “Install Software” tab on the tool.
It will detect if you already have Virtual Goalie installed.
- If you have setup your Quest properly, it will say “Oculus Quest Connected”.
- If you do not have Virtual Goalie installed, or there is an update available, there will be a button to install Virtual Goalie.
- Click the “Download & Install Latest Virtual Goalie” button.
PUT ON THE QUEST AND RUN VIRTUAL GOALIE
Run the Virtual Goalie on Quest
Because Virtual Goalie is not installed from the Store, you have to start it from a special menu.
The image below shows the steps with the appropriate numbers.
- Tap the applications icon.
- A dialog pops up. Tap the drop down on the top right of this screen.
- Scroll down and select “Unknown Sources“.
- Virtual Goalie will show in the list of apps if it is installed. Tap it to start the app.
Generate & Enter VR Token
The first video shows how to generate and enter a VR Token. VR Tokens are used to identify you during training. They are easier to enter than username and password in a VR environment. You must have an active subscription to generate a valid token.
The second video shows how to start training in the Quest, from app startup, to token entry, to selecting a drill.
Note that the Oculus menus to start unknown apps have changed since this video was made. Follow the newer instructions on this page to start VIrtual Goalie.